UV Colour changing Sunny Beads (mixed shapes)
Sunny beads change colour in sunlight because they are made from a special ´reversible photo chromic´ material. This material changes its chemical structure when exposed to ultraviolet light (like sunlight), allowing it to absorb a coloured pigment or dye. Once out of the sunlight, it becomes colourless again.
- The larger star shaped flowers would be lovely as buttons when making cardigans and other sewing/knitting projects
- The smaller stars and the candy (sweet) shaped beads are ideal as spacers for hairbands & hairbraids, bracelets and necklaces.
- pack contains approx 100 beads in mixed shapes (candy, flower, star)
- beads turn from white to purple when exposed to sunlight
- a great way to teach about UV light, particularly for girls
- includes ideas for simple experiments
- Not suitable for under 3s because of small parts