PowerFilm 1kW PowerShade
Originally designed for the US Army, the PowerShade is a portable field shelter. It provides 1kW of solar power, reducing dependence on fuel & noisy generators. It's quiet, reduces battery needs and has no heat signature. Use it on expeditions, disaster relief efforts, festivals etc
It can recharge a bank of batteries as well as power various 12V accessories such as laptops, lighting, satellite phones etc. It can also be combined with an inverter to provide 240V. In addition to the power, it provides a shaded area beneath, reducing solar heat load by up to 90%.
The rugged flexible PowerFilm solar panels are integrated with the tan coloured fabric of the field shelter, which is designed for a simple and quick set up by a team of 4 to 8 people. (The manufacturer's manual recommends a team of 4 to 8 people to lift each main section).
The solar panels have a matt finish.
Price includes delivery. (The PowerShade is shipped in a crate). These items are made to order, so please contact us for delivery/lead times.
We can also offer assistance on cabling and controllers. Call us to discuss your project.
- Full Sun Power Rating: 1 kW
- Operating Current: 65A
- Operating Voltage: 15.4V
- Maximum entrance height: 9' (2.7m)
- Maximum entrance width with at least 8' height: 10' (3m)
- Unfolded: 22' x 20' x 10'9" - 14'6" (6.7m x 6.1m x 3.3m - 4.4m)
- Folded: 28" x 72" (0.7m x 1.8m)
- Crated Weight: 850 lbs (385.6kg)
- Crate dimensions: 3.5' x 4' x 8' (1.1m x 1.2m x 2.4m)
- Integral solar panel cable terminates in a weatherproof marine grade PowerFilm connector
- Provided with two PowerFilm cables - 1m accessory cable (with female cigarette lighter adapter socket) & 4.6m battery cable (with ring terminals)
- Includes webbing, poles & stakes
Please note, Operating Voltage and Operating Current at AM1.5. Power performance may vary +/- 10% due to temperature variation, spectral variation, and related effects.
- PowerFilm PowerShade Instruction Manual